Traffic violations can happen to anyone, including those that are careful and do their best to follow the law. There are a number of Delaware, Ohio traffic violations that you may find yourself facing, including:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)/Operating a Vehicle Impaired (OVI)
- Driving with a suspended license
- Running a red light
- Warrant out for your arrest because of prior traffic infraction
- Street racing and more.
The punishment for these violations can range from fines and community service, to the confiscation of your vehicle and jail time. That’s why when you find yourself under any traffic violation, it is in your best interests to call a Delaware, OH traffic ticket attorney to help fight your violation and prevent those fines.
Ohio License Point System
Delaware follows the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, which applies a point system to traffic violations. Ohio drivers are allowed 12 points against their license within 2 years. Here is an example of how the points are earned:
- DUI/OVI 6 points
- Vehicular Homicide 6 points
- Running a stop sign 2 points
- Following too close 2 points
- Reckless operation 4 points
A more extensive list of the points can be found here.
If 12 points are accumulated in a period of 2 years, the government may suspend your license, in addition to the fines and possible punishments you face. That’s why even the smallest violation can quickly become a serious problem, and why our traffic ticket legal experience in Delaware is so valuable.
Yemc Law Office has the experience to navigate the specifics of Delaware and the Ohio DMV and help you understand how to fight the tickets, reduce your “points,” and make sure that you’re able to stay on the road.
Fighting a Traffic Ticket in Delaware
There are strategies you can use to fight your traffic violations. For example:
- If you are involved in an accident, when is it considered a hit and run?
- What are you required to do at the scene of an accident before you are allowed to leave?
- How much time did you have to stop before the red light?
- How visible was the stop sign?
These are important pieces of information, and at Yemc Law Offices, we’ll provide you with the guidance necessary to fight the ticket and decrease your liability.
If you are in Delaware, Ohio and are facing a traffic violation, Yemc Law Offices may be able to help you understand the process and reduce your fine or possibly have the charge dismissed. We offer a free consultation, and we’re happy to provide you with feedback on your specific traffic citation. Simply contact us by clicking here or call (740) 417-4603.